Don’t let your child turn into a couch potato!
Are your kids involve kids in your workout?
Naturally, children are active little people; keeping that in mind consider including the kiddos in your daily fitness routine. Cranking up your child’s favorite background music and performing entertaining activities can create a “Kid’s Bopping” ambiance that will have your child ready for the next workout party!
Activity: Hula Hoop It Out
Workout Time: 10-15 minutes
Have you picked up a Hoola-Hoop lately? No worries; as soon as you feel that hula-hoop moving around your mama hips, hula-hooping becomes natural; the feeling of innocent youthfulness. You’ll be one exhausted mama, and neglected muscles will respond throughout your entire core the following days, but you will feel incredible.
Activity: Stroller Squats
Set 15-minute intervals, 40 seconds Walk or Jog at your normal pace
- Incorporate squats; alternating leg lifts or alternating walking lunges for 20 seconds.
- Execute 15 rounds Kick up your regular stroller walk up a notch.Your baby will enjoy the movement; not realizing mommy is having a work-out you might hear a few giggles and laughs.
Activity: Ab Toss
Workout Time: 6 minutes
- You will need to grab a ball. You can use a small medicine, but depending on the age and strength level of your child I recommend a volleyball, soccer ball or a lightweight ball.
- Lay on your back with knees bent or straight, feet on the floor and hold the ball at the chest.
- Place the ball over your head.
- Challange yourself by keeping your legs straight, or you can bend your knees for slight support.
- With the ball in your
hands, stretch your arms straight out.
- Roll your body in an upward position to reach a seated position and toss or roll the ball to your kiddo.
- Have your child repeat the exercise.
The Ab Toss is a core body strength move that stimulates your shoulders and chest in addition to strengthening the abs. Core strengthening exercises every day of the week can assist with excellent posture; reduce back pain, and set you for fabulous abs.
Life can be hectic at times preventing us from going to the gym; many skip out on physical fitness because of the lack of time. You can schedule ample exercise time in your home with your family.
Enjoy knocking out two of the mom life obligations, exercise and “mommy-and-me” time, with one stone. Keeping your children physically healthy without them actually realizing is a plus.