Be Kind, Unwind!
As moms, we should be the rays of sunshine in this world, right?
Although it is harsh, and it seems like every day, we have to endure some form of depressing news.
As mothers, we must treat each other with understanding and respect. If we don’t have anything nice to say, we should keep our thoughts to ourselves and express our disagreements diplomatically. No need to shame other moms! When giving the advice to help other moms, try discussing it privately to avoid embarrassing the other party.
I must admit before I became a mom, I was less kind, less forgiving and judgmental. I am grateful that motherhood has given me a little bit more patience and wisdom. I’m not perfect, nor am I nice all the time! And there are times when I am tired, snotty, dismissive, and cranky! My intentions are to be a better person and an awesome mom.
We can achieve greater things when we support each other.
- Be generous to other moms!
- A kind word, a sweet compliment, a pat on the back, we need more of.
- You never know, you can save a life just by providing words of encouragement, listening, or giving a warm hug.
- You never know what the next person is going through; inside their home, family, or workplace.
- When we meet other mothers, let’s try to look at things from their perspective; we would want the same.
- After all, we should be our children’s role models; show kindness, positivity, and gentleness.
- Put an end to Mommy Wars!
Accepting different styles of parenting, teaching diverse beliefs and personalities. We still share the same common goal, to provide the best for our children.
Jay-Reen de Guzman
Mother of (1)
Feature Photo: Photo by Jeremy Wong